Sir Richard Branson probably said it best when he stated, ‘The Barefoot Investor makes finance fun’. It is Scott’s unique ability to combine his knowledge, experience and infectious humour to achieve what most people thought was impossible – to carve a niche in the financial market targeted at younger generations.
Scott currently hosts his own new interactive show on CNBC and Network Ten called ‘The Barefoot Investor’, currently airing in Australia and the US. The show is about giving the audience strategies to take control of their money so that they can start doing the things that will make a real difference in their life…right now.
Scott is a regular guest on CH 10’s 7pm Project and is Triple M’s money guy appearing weekly on their Melbourne & Sydney breakfast programs. Scott has previously appeared as the financial expert on the SBS TV show ‘The Nest’, A Current Affair, Sunrise, and Mornings with Kerri-Anne. Scott also writes a weekly financial column for News Limited papers in all capital cities
Scott uses his exceptional ability to tap into the psyche of younger generations to deliver street-wise strategies to people who simply ‘don’t do’ finance. He understands the pressures faced by young people on a day-to-day basis and the extremely competitive economic environment in which they are surrounded.
Scott understands that having a degree is by no means a ticket to a successful career and financial happiness and when giving advice he, in his own words, “keeps it real”. His skill in communicating so effectively with Generations X and Y helping Scott to fast track his way to becoming an Australian household name.
Scott’s work has appeared in many types of print media and his confidence on-air means he is in high demand for both television and radio appearances.
- The 7pm Project
- A Current Affair
- Mornings with Kerri-Ann
- Good Morning Australia
- Today Show
- The Nest
- What’s Good For You
- News Ltd Column in all capital cities
- The Age
- Sydney Morning Herald
- Sunday Herald Sun – regular stock recommendations
- The Australian
- Daily Telegraph
- Tasmanian Mercury
- Cosmopolitan & New Woman Magazine
- Wealth Creator Magazine
- Money Magazine
- Triple M
- Triple J
- ABC Radio National
- ABC Nightlife
Scott featured in Video Education Australia’s financial literacy DVD, ‘The Barefoot Investor’s Guide to Financial Literacy’. VEA is the leading producer of educational materials throughout Australasia.
Scott is a well known and sought after key note speaker. He regularly addresses corporate luncheons, seminars and schools throughout Australia.
- An overview of the financial factors that face Generations X & Y which can impact on your staff and customers.
- The 5 things that under 30's want to know about and how and why they should be
- Marketing to Generations X & Y and specifically in getting them to invest – highlighting where companies fail in the process and pick out real life companies that have succeeded and analyse why, in your opinion they've achieved success.
- The 'trillion dollar wealth transfer' that is about to occur between generations and what to do about 'trapping that wealth at an advisor level.
- The rise of technology and how it affects the advice giving profession.
- Investing in the Real World- Financial Strategies for Real People
- Plain Talk Investing for Tough Times
- The Barefoot Boot Camp: A proven plan for financial fitness- The Seven Steps